How to Sleep Better: Top 10 Tips for Children
Much like healthy eating habits, healthy sleep habits are also very important for kids. In fact, a good night’s rest is crucial for normal growth and development. Here are some tips to get your kids to sleep better.
- From a very young age establish specific bedtimes. Try and stick with the timeline no matter where you are.
- Establish a winding down routine which could be a relaxing bath followed by a bedtime story for example.
- Avoid giving food that is hard to digest, for dinner. Feeling too full can make it difficult for the child to fall asleep. An empty stomach can also have this effect.
- Do not allow the kid to eat sweets at night. These are known to meddle with their brain activities and disturb the quality of their sleep.
- Ensure that your kid’s energy is channelized well. Kids who are hyperactive have a hard time falling asleep.
- At the same time look for the small cues and put your child to bed when he is tired. Being overtired can also make it difficult to make the child sleep.
- If the child has a favorite blanket or a doll that he would like to hold on to while sleeping, it is alright to allow it. You can find reliable Brandstar walk kids products that can make the nursery a safe and cozy place.
- Talk to your child and ward away his fears and worries so that he feels light and comfort. This allows him to sleep uninterrupted without nightmares.
- Reduce the duration of the day time naps slowly as the child gets older. The more the child sleeps during the day the harder would it be to get the child to sleep at night.
Ensure that throughout the day the child stays active. This would keep him healthy on the inside and outside and also improve the quality of his sleep at night.